DUE TO CURRENT COVID DELAYS WITH OUR COURIER PROVIDER, WE CAN NOT CURRENTLY FULFIL ORDERS FROM THE HAMILTON REGION.
- 3KG of Pork Back Fat strips for home sausage making (not pre-diced).
- Fat is essential to a good sausage and pork back fat is the best fat for sausages. It gives you a tastier, juicier sausage. A sausage without enough fat will be dry.
- Your finished sausage should be about 25-30% fat. If your meat does not have enough fat, add pork fat to make up the difference. All venison, beef and chicken, most cuts of lamb and some pork cuts will all need to have added pork fat.
- As a guide, 3kg of pork fat needs to be added to the following quantities of meat to give you a meat/fat mix with 25% fat:
% Fat in Animal
KG Pork Fat
Total Meat + Fat
Total fat %
- See our sausage fat blog article to learn more about fat in sausages, to work out how much fat your cut of meat has and how to calculate how much additional fat you need.
- The product is sent chilled. Please freeze immediately on arrival. You can use what you need then freeze the rest. Frozen shelf life 12 months. See full usage instructions here.
- We have teamed up with the good folk at Randwick Meats to make this happen so your product will be branded with a Randwick Meats label.