History and tradition usually guides which sausage casings are used for each type of sausage, and therefore the size of the sausage. However, there really is no technical reason that sausages have to be certain sizes, and therefore use certain casings.
Our advice is, don’t get too caught up on the size of your sausage. Our natural hog casings make fat, chunky sausages and are traditionally used for Italian sausages, pork sausages, bratwurst, Kielbasa, Polish sausage, Boudin, Chorizo, chicken, venison, lamb or beef sausages.
Looking for a slim, tender & juicy sausage? Try our natural sheep casings.
- USAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE CASINGS FROM TUBES.
1) Rinse casings thoroughly on tubes under cold tap.
2) Soak casings on tubes in warm water for minimum of 45mins or in cold water overnight.
3) Transfer from tube to sausage stuffing horn. Please use a 20mm/0.8" nozzle on your sausage stuffer.
- STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS: Please store in refrigerator. Once opened generously resalt any left over casings. Wrap in clingfilm and store airtight in our resealable pouch provided or in a container up to the best before date.
- SHELF LIFE: Our product has a 12 month shelf life from date of manufacturer. It will last it's full shelf life, even if product is opened as long as storage instructions are followed.